Physics- Sound Waves Simulation Quiz
Physics- Sound Quiz
Sound is made as a result of vibrations and passes through mediums at different speeds. Do you know that sound travels faster in water than in air? How good are you when it comes to basic knowledge of sound, how it is produced...
Questions: 8 | Attempts: 15426 | Last updated: Feb 11, 2021
Sample QuestionSound travels best through ___________________.
Light And Sound Energy Quiz Questions!
The sound is as a result of vibrations through the air and cannot pass through a vacuum. Both light and sounds are forms of energy which we learned this past week. Just how much of the topic did you get to understand? Do you know...
Questions: 5 | Attempts: 12741 | Last updated: Dec 2, 2020
Sample QuestionWhen light bounces off a smooth, shiny surface, what process has occurred?
Validity And Soundness - Practice Exercises
Determine whether each of the following arguments are VALID and/or SOUND. Remember: A valid argument is one whose conclusion is guaranteed if we assume that its premises are true, and a sound argument is one that is valid and...
Questions: 5 | Attempts: 6647 | Last updated: Jan 10, 2013
Sample QuestionEither President Lincoln was assassinated, or he was killed in an accident. President Lincoln was not killed in an accident. Therefore, President Lincoln must have been assassinated.
Take the sensational sound quiz!
Test your knowledge of sound with a quiz on waves, pitch, and the speed of sound! Can you challenge yourself to get 10 out of 10?
All the answers can be found on DK findout!
What word describes how high or low a sound is?
Volume relates to how loud a sound is.
Amplitude is the height of sound waves produced by sounds.
This is the height of a place above sea level.
Pitch describes where sounds are high or low.
How are sounds created?
By our ears
We hear using our ears but they do not create sounds.
When an object is heated
Sound waves are not caused by heat.
When an object vibrates
Vibrations cause sound waves to travel through different materials.
Sound waves are not caused by cooling.
What scale is used to measure the loudness of sounds?
This is a sequence of notes of different pitches that is used in music.
The loudness of sounds is measured in units called decibels.
The Fahrenheit scale is used to measure temperature.
The Celsius scale is used to measure temperature.
In which material do sounds travel the fastest?
What device using sound helps ships to navigate?
A pulsar is a type of star.
Compasses help ships to navigate but don’t use sounds.
Ultrasounds are very high sounds.
Sonar sends out sound waves and measures how long it takes for the echoes to come back.
What is it called when sound waves bounce off an object?
Reflection is when light waves bounce off an object.
Conduction is when heat transfers from a hot object to a cooler one.
An echo is a repeated sound caused by sound waves bouncing back from objects.
Vibration is when something shakes back and forth.
Which of these sounds is the loudest?
What word describes very high-pitched sounds?
There is no such thing as cybersound!
Infrasound is too low-pitched for human ears to detect.
Altitude is the height of a place above sea level.
Ultrasound is too high-pitched for human ears to detect.
What is the speed of sound?
120 km/hr (75mph)
Sound travels faster than 120 km/hr (75mph)
300km per second (186 miles per second)
300km per second (186 miles per second) is around the speed of light.
435 km/hr (270mph)
435 km/hr (270mph) is the speed of the fastest race cars.
1,200 km/hr (740mph)
Sounds travel through air at about 1,200km/hr (740mph).
In which of these places could you NOT hear sounds?00:00
- Silhouette projects to sell
- Customize converse
- Pillow pets
- Pokemon diamond original price
- Pure romance free style
- 1. A disturbance in matter that carries energy from one place to another
A) reaction force
C) mechanical Wave
D) thermal energy
- 2. Which of the following produce(s) the most EM waves on Earth?
A) a vacuum
B) artificial lights
C) the energy of distant stars
D) the high energy of the Sun
- 3. The smallest part of the electromagnetic spectrum is made up of this type of wave.
A) ultraviolet light
B) radio waves
D) visible light
- 4. A higher amplitude means the wave has more energy. True or False?
- 5. A wave that causes a medium to vibrate perpendicular to the direction in which the wave travels
A) longitidunal wave
B) transverse Wave
C) thermal wave
D) vibrational wave
- 6. A wave in which the vibration of the medium is parallel to the direction the wave travels
B) transverse wave
C) interference wave
D) longitudinal wave
- 7. Which of the following waves are NOT mechanical waves?
A) water waves
B) light waves
C) sound waves
D) seismic waves
- 8. Which is an example of longitudinal waves?
A) sound waves
B) water waves
- 9. Which colour has the longest wavelength?
- 10. Which colour has the highest frequency?
- 11. This type of electromagnetic wave is frequently associated with heat.
A) ultraviolet light
B) gamma rays
C) radio waves
D) infrared light
- 12. These electromagnetic waves have the highest energy.
A) ultraviolet light
C) gamma rays
D) radio waves
- 13. A wave that can travel in both a vacuum and a medium is
A) when the queen greets her subjects while cleaning
B) mechanical waves
C) electromagnetic waves
- 14. What do all of the colours in visible light make when all together?
A) white light
B) a path to lucky charms
C) a gross brown colour
D) black light
- 15. Electromagnetic waves from this part of the spectrum are used in radar and cell phones
A) gamma rays
C) radio waves
D) ultraviolet light
B) All of these are correct
E) Captured in our Ears
- 17. The Doppler effect occurs when
A) The waves are really distorted in the front where the sound is and not in the back after the object moves away
B) A moving object is emitting sound continuously.
C) There is a rainbow present in the sky.
D) The waves are moving like the ripples in a pond from a rock
- 18. Sound vibrations travel the fastest in
A) Sound that bounces in all directions
B) Sound that DOES NOT bounce back to you
C) Sound bouncing back to you off a solid object
D) A figment of your imagination
- 20. The greatest distance the particles in a wave rise and fall from their rest position
A) The unit of measure to measure tone quality
B) The unit of measure used to measure frequency
C) The unit of measure used to measure the loudness
D) The unit of measure that is used to measure wavelength
- 22. Pitch is directly related to what?
B) It does not have a relation
- 23. Prolonged exposure to sounds louder than ________ can cause long term hearing damage.
A) 70 dB
B) 50 dB
C) 100 dB
D) 20 dB
E) 200 dB
- 24. You can hear in space if you scream
B) You can always hear no matter where you are
E) The only place in space that you can hear is the moon
- 25. An individual with normal hearing can hear sounds in the range of
B) A mouse squeak to a lion's roar
- 26. A sound wave with less frequency will result in...
A) a lower pitch
B) a higher pitch
C) a softer sound
D) a louder sound
- 27. Sound waves travel in...
A) in a straight line
B) all directions
C) parallel to the source
D) at right angles with the source
- 28. For a sound wave, wavelength is...
A) determined between two consecutive crests or troughs
B) determined by how loud it is
C) determined by how many particles move side to side
D) determined between two consecutive compressions or rarefractions
- 29. Sounds that are too high-pitched for humans to hear are called
B) sonic the hedgehog
- 30. Sounds that are too low-pitched for humans to hear are called
A) sonic the hedgehog
- 31. Which of the following uses infrasonic waves?
B) ultrasound machine
C) all of the above
- 32. Which of the following uses ultrasonic waves?
A) ultrasound machine
C) all of these
- 33. Doppler Effect: As a source of sound moves towards you, the pitch of the sound you hear ___________. As the source moves away, the pitch __________.
A) stops, restarts
B) starts, stops
C) increases, decreases
D) decreases, increases
- 34. Dolphins and Bats use what?
A) Echo Location
B) Echo Detection
C) Echo Reverberation
D) No echos at all
- 35. The intensity of a sound depends on...
D) hearing sensitivity
- 36. In the air, the speed of sound is...
A) 40 km/h
B) 10 km/h
C) 340 m/s
D) 3 m/s
- 37. A sound at 40dB could be associated with a...
A) calm classroom
B) rock music concert
C) jet motor
D) intense road traffic
- 38. Compared to 10 decibels, 20 decibels is how many times louder? (write the number, not in words, no commas or spaces)
- 39. Compared to 0 decibels, 30 decibels is how many times louder? (write the number, not in words, no commas or spaces)
- 40. Compared to 100 decibels, 20 decibels is how many times softer?
If you believe that content available by means of the Website (as defined in our Terms of Service) infringes one or more of your copyrights, please notify us by providing a written notice (“Infringement Notice”) containing the information described below to the designated agent listed below. If Varsity Tutors takes action in response to an Infringement Notice, it will make a good faith attempt to contact the party that made such content available by means of the most recent email address, if any, provided by such party to Varsity Tutors.
Your Infringement Notice may be forwarded to the party that made the content available or to third parties such as ChillingEffects.org.
Please be advised that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights. Thus, if you are not sure content located on or linked-to by the Website infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney.
Please follow these steps to file a notice:
You must include the following:
Send your complaint to our designated agent at:
Charles Cohn Varsity Tutors LLC
101 S. Hanley Rd, Suite 300
St. Louis, MO 63105
Or fill out the form below:
Quiz sound waves
.Hearing Test HD
You will also like:
- Lounge electronic music
- Solar nails ideas
- Caterpillar 3306 engine parts
- Wiccan las vegas
- Anchor pole holder
- Goodburger imdb
- 2015 4runner oil
- 5950x stock
- List of pop stars
- Doberman dog toy
- Dawn eternal iris
- Black and white hound puppy